Monday, July 5, 2010

What my wife means to me - on the occasion of her birthday

She's not a delicate flower, or a single rose in a china vase. She's the summer meadow of wildflowers I lie in to watch the clouds roll by.
We're kids together, growing older but never old.
She's the deep well that refreshes me, strengthens me, braces me for the long days and lonely roads we sometimes must travel.
She is the cathedral window through which I see the world, and she colours and brightens my every thought.
She is the altar at which I worship.
She is the melody
the colour
the light and the fire.
And as my eyes close each night, she is the dream I seek.

---

Happy birthday, hun. Some may call it cheesy, but as I said one inspired night long ago, cheese is just love dipped in sugar.

\..\/

2 comments: